Year-End Sales Event

I'm going to show you another way to use one of our lovely retiring stamp sets The card I made below features the stamp set Christmas in the Making. This lovely set invokes a simpler time. I loved the vintage feel of these stamps and I knew I wanted to buy it. Although this set looks on the surface like a Christmas set. I've made a Birthday Card with it. 
To achieve this look I used two stamp sets Christmas in the Making and Sweet Cupcake.
I also used:
Oval Thinlits (The ones I have are now retired but these would work)
I also used a Sponge to brush around the oval

Here's how I re-purposed a Christmas Stamp set and made it one you could use all year. 

All images belong to © Stampin' Up

You might be wondering how I made the pearls bluish. Well I'll tell you, you use a alcohol based or permanent markers and you gently color over your pearl accent pieces.  This also works on our Clear Faceted Gems, and Rhinestones.  Below are some of the other pearls I colored.  If you have any questions about this card or how it was made please leave a comment!

And just a reminder the Set Christmas in the Making is retiring and wont be available long grab it now before its gone! 

Comments

Popular Posts